It was inaugurated like Museum the 29 of August of 1976, and in year 1992 the bordering property of italianizante construction was added, of around the 1840, conserving the original arches. To the bottom the stables of year 1720 are appraised. One penumbra surrounds to us and it identifies to us with this superb musestica technique reconstructed and taken care of in his very small details. Municipal museum. Under Portuguese controls " was one of the calls; Two house Secretarios" , next to the House of the Virrey, (these secretaries were the civilian authorities of the Colony). For more information see this site: Publishers Clearing House.
Today House of Admiral Brown is denominated and there the Municipal Museum works. This name must that our government the delivery like reward to Brown, by means of a document of the 17 of October of 1833, in honor to the work presented/displayed next to Artigas in the Eastern Liberating Bell. This historical house had belonged to the Governor of Colony, Don Francisco Albn, commander of the Party of the Vipers and the Espinillo, to that had been adjudged him in 1793 by the Spanish Virrey Nicholas de Arredondo. This located against " Mayor" place;. " Houses of Azotea" it was the name whereupon they nicknamed to the part superior or high floor. The rooms inferiors were called " Exceeded of Abajo". The facade has in the ends two pilasters of stone stature arenaceous and the plant consists of ample halls, limited with Portuguese walls of 80 centimeters of thickness. The high plant has a terrace where stairs in angle descend, with monolithic gray granite steps.
The ceilings, the roof the floors are done of cooked floor tiles and entrepiso of hard wood. The museum was inaugurated the 25 of August of 1951. There are relics of inestimable value those that demonstrate the degree of culture reached about our natives.